The Ferdinand Community Center opened its doors on September 2, 1989. After nearly 5 years of fundraising through donations and lifetime memberships, a group of community minded citizens raised enough money to proceed with the construction of a 13,000 square foot facility, home to numerous wedding receptions, Christmas parties, proms, meetings, shows, auctions, and other community events.
After 24 years and over 800 lifetime members, the facility has gone through a number of recent upgrades including a new exterior paint job, restroom, lobby, and meeting room renovation. The center is currently repaving the entire parking lot and has plans to add a 24 ft. gazebo to go along with a beautiful waterfall located on the north side of the building.
The current volunteer board of directors include: Lee Begle, President, Andy Olinger, Vice-President; Randy Greulich, Secretary; Ken Pund, Treasurer; and Board members, Don Mohr, Paul Weyer, and Greg Dilger. The booking manager for the facility is Kateri Buechler. Reservations and inquiries can be made by calling the Community Center at 812-367-1989 or 812-631-1171.